This presentation was made to the Select and Standing Committees on Finance during the public hearing following the 2019 Budget speech. The presentation provides an overview of the key budgeting trends of the past five years. It also puts forward recommendations for anti-austerity policies, state capture and the budget process.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers