This submission to the National Council of Province’s Select Committee of Economic and Business Development highlights deficiencies in the proposed National Minimum Wage Bill and associated amendments to the Basic Conditions of Employment ACt. The submission grapples with the details of the Bills, and proposes some amendments to the amended version of the Bills adopted by the National Assembly for the members of this Committee to consider.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers