In this submission, the Budget Justice Coalition (BJC) rejects the fiscal framework contained in the Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of Revenue Laws Bill, in particular its regressive tax measures and the harsh spending cuts that will result from the proposed revenue levels. It expresses concern over the negative effects these measures will have on poor and low-income households. This follows an original submission regarding the 2018 National Budget.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers