This submission follows the two submissions made by the Budget Justice Coalition to Parliament on the Budget, raising concerns around the negative effects these measures will have on poor and low-income households. Such choices were not inevitable and, as previously demonstrated, alternative progressive taxation measures, which would reduce inequality and support growth, are available to the Executive. The paper proposes additional zero-rated items.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers