This letter follows the right to health fact sheet which highlights the effects of austerity budgets by government during the 5th democratic administration and how they have severely undermined the public health system and the viability of National Health Insurance (NHI). The letter calls for adequate and efficient health resourcing. It also affirms SECTION27 and IEJ’s support and commitment to helping realise the right to health for all.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers