South Africa undertook a Voluntary National Review (VNR) at the 2019 High-Level Political Forum for Sustainable Development (HLPF), under the auspices of United Nations Economic and Social Council, regarding their progress in implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This factsheet highlights the impacts of austerity on human rights in South Africa’s deeply unequal context. It was produced in partnership with SECTION27 and CESR.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers