A five-year review of budget policies and outcomes made as a Budget Justice Coalition submission to the Select and Standing Committees on Finance. The submission provides an overview of the key budgeting trends of the past five years, as well as the impact of these on two elements of the social wage: health and education. The submission also focuses on Parliament’s oversight role in relation to the budget, how budget decisions have been made and provides recommendations to support greater and wider participation by the public in the budget process.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers