This factsheet examines the enjoyment of economic and social rights in South Africa, ahead of the country’s first appearance before the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in October 2018. It focuses particularly on inadequate and inefficient resourcing for the rights to health (Article 12) and education (Article 13). Health expenditure per uninsured person has declined in recent years.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers