The Budget Justice Coalition’s submission to the Select and Standing Committees on Appropriations shows that austerity budgeting has led to expenditure cuts and allocations which pit the realisation of different rights against each other. Whereas the Constitution envisions progressive realisation of rights, this submission highlights how austerity is undermining the realisation of human rights and provides recommendations to remedy this.
- Bold Action Required in South Africa in the face of COVID-19 Economic Fallout
- Coalition calls on Cabinet to reconsider relief grants allocation
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package summary
- COVID-19 – An emergency rescue package for South Africa
- Fiscal policy in South Africa: closed input-output income and employment multipliers